Are you noticing bands of pink colored parallel lines in your skin especially in the stomach or upper arms?
These are called stretch marks which is a type of scar develops when your skin stretches or shrinks quickly. The collagen and elastin break when this happens and when it begins to heal stretch marks appear. These marks are not seen in everyone, only those who have fluctuating hormone level get stretch marks. You can take some home remedies to get rid of your stretch marks and if nothing works out it is better to consult a dermatologist. The Dermcos skin care clinic flourishing under Dr. Ramanjeet Singh is the Best Skin Care Clinic in Gurgaon which is also the center of excellence for dermatology and cosmetology. The doctor and his team of specialists are very keen on diagnosing all sorts of skin problem and designs a unique treatment methodology for every problem.
What causes stretch marks?
The increase in stretching and cortisone hormone level are the widely known causes of stretch marks. Cortisone is a hormone secreted by adrenal glands. An excessive increase in this hormone level leads to damage to the elasticity of the skin. Hence your skin becomes stretched and tend to develop these marks. Stretch marks occur in circumstances such as:
- Women experience stretch marks during their pregnancy as the skin stretches to accommodate the developing baby in the womb.
- The rapid weight gain and weight loss cause stretch marks.
- Corticosteroid creams and lotions cause stretch marks by decreasing the ability of skin to stretch.
- Cushing’s syndrome and some adrenal gland disorders cause stretch marks by increasing the amount of cortisone in our body.
The home remedies provide a soothing effect by reducing irritation and itchiness in the areas of stretch marks. Massaging your skin with almond oil, cocoa butter, olive oil, or vitamin E are some popular home remedies. However, they don’t permanently treat stretch marks. Stretch marks fade away as time progress, but if you are looking for immediate recovery, you may follow the below treatment methods:
- Tretinoin cream helps to restore the elasticity of our skin by repairing the damaged collagen bands. It is not advisable for pregnant women as it might cause skin irritation.
- Pulsed dye laser therapy promotes the growth of collagen and elastin.
- Microdermabrasion involves polishing of stretch marked the skin with tiny crystals to reveal the new rejuvenating skin under these marks.
- The dermcos skin care clinic is the best in class clinic pioneering in the fields of dermatology and trichology providing all kinds of skin care solutions to patients who approach with diverse problems. The team of highly proficient dermatologists frames out the best treatment method for you after undergoing a counseling session where you can very well explain your problems in detail. They also suggest some natural ways to get rid of your skin problems such as stretch marks, rashes, allergies, and some fungal infections. If these are not helping you out with the solution then they begin with their procedures and medications. All these aspects of the clinic with leading skin and hair specialists makes it the Best Dermatologist in Gurgaon.